Friday, September 7, 2012

Just got Bose Companion 20.

The right speaker

The control pod

The side of left speaker

Back of the right speaker
Alright guys I guess now its the time to update my blog by having a review on my new Bose Companion 20 that I got from the Apple Store. Well first things first, I got these speakers to replace my old 6 years old Logitech G51 which sounds damn muddy and too much bass that ruins some songs. So I got these Bose and I have to admit they sound great even though they don't have sub-woofers to support the bass. The bass from these speakers are powerful at this category of 2.0 speakers. At high volumes, the bass seems to be struggling but the music still sounds good without any distortions. Seriously these speakers can fill up the whole living room or a small room of yours with a very loud and crystal clear sound. The control pod is damn awesome and convenient, just one single touch on the surface of the control pod and the speakers will automatically mute the music which is cool when someone is about to have a conversation with you. There is a 3.5mm auxillary jack for you to connect any audio device in the control pod.  At the back of the right speaker, there are four ports to connect the wires to the PC, left speaker, control pod and power supply. Now about the sound quality, when I turn the volume down, the bass is still noticeable unlike my Logitech G51! The bass is very balance and the mids and lows are fine. I played a song called, '' Both of us'' by B.OB and Taylor Swift and the sound of the guitar was just realistic(during the first part) as if i am hearing someone plucking a real guitar. Even the vocals sounded sharp and very detailed! I know some people are stereotype about Bose speakers saying that they are using cheap materials to assemble these speakers but the body of the speakers are really hard solid and they are quite heavy. Standing at a height of 20cm they are not too small nor big. We shall never judge the size of these speakers because they just sounded as loud as the large bookshelf speakers! So to you hip-hop lovers, I recommend you not to get these this speakers as it might not produce that kind of damn punchy bass as these don't have sub-woofers. For hip-hop and RnB lovers, you guys better get Audioengine A5 speakers but the bass might sound muddy as well! So that's my review for the Bose Companion 20 speakers! Sorry if there are some grammar and English mistakes as my English is not that good! Well, YOU GET WHAT YOU PAID FOR! SO I would give these speakers 4.5/5 stars! they are losing some points in affordability and decent bass from these speakers.

No comments:

Post a Comment